Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Project

It's been a crazy summer in Wisconsin with all the heat that a majority of the country is suffering from.  We finally have pleasant weather that doesn't take your breath away, I've opened the windows and am enjoying the fresh air.  Hurray!

We've been having some construction going on in our home for almost three months.  Originally we were going to make a simple room in the basement so that I could have my projects, supplies and office space.  I'm not sure how we changed, but it is now a multi functional space that we'll use to entertain in as well.  Guess that means I'll have to keep things tidied up a bit!  Here's an early look at the space.
You might be able to see that we've opened up part of the stairway wall on the right.  This is a view towards the entertaining portion of our basement.  The room is shaped like an L, with my work space in the short end of the L.  Here's a view where it begins to take more shape.

We actually have a bit of drywall in this photo.  This area is opposite the space in the previous picture.  My work space is to the left, out of the picture.  We've come a long way since this photo.........paint, tile and most of the trim work is now completed.  If you've ever done any remodeling, you know how frustrating it can be.  We had several things which didn't come in on time or only partially came in; the plumbing company sent the wrong sink, etc.  You just expect this stuff to happen, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

I'll share just one more photo today.  The paint is on the lower half of the wall and it's taking shape.


I'll post some stitching updates tomorrow.  I've been finishing up some items for our EGA chapter's show drawing in October. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have a lot going on! Construction on your house can be a real pain! But it looks like at least you can shut it off from the rest of the house, so that's nice. It looks like it'll be a really nice space when finished! I hope you show finished pictures when it's completed. It'll be nice to have your own space too!

    ReplyDelete